Powerball, Largest Jackpot
GAINESVILLE - The drawing for the largest Powerball jackpot in US history is happening tonight, after nobody won it in Wednesday's drawing. The $600 million at stake is also the second-largest lottery, ever.
All you have to guess is six magical numbers and all you really need is a couple of dollars and a dream. The people I talked to in Gainesville are definitely pushing their luck and hoping for a winning ticket.
"Since yesterday it's been crazy. I've been slammed with people coming over here spending over 200, 300 dollars, 500 dollars. They're all getting crazy about this big powerball ticket," said Roshni Shah who works at the Pats Kwik Stop on University Avenue and 34th Street says she's never sold this many tickets before.
When $600 million is the prize, it's easy to see why. With the largest Powerball on the line in all of us history, i decided to test my own luck... Because if you don't play, you can't win. Everyone is hunting for those six magic numbers. So much money is at stake. Even people who don't typically play are jumping in. Two college students Eva Vitucci and Esteban Peralta played today for the first time with high hopes. "So, I've had this conversation with friends before and i would definitely invest some of it that way i would make more money with it... I would pay off my student loans and buy a boat," they told me.
On our WCJB Facebook page we asked our viewers what they would do if they won the 600 million dollars. Most of the comments say the would pay off their debt or share the prize with family members. But catch this, if no one wins Saturday night, the powerball pot could near one billion dollars.
- $485 million Powerball jackpot is 5th largest in US history
- Residents feeling lucky about Powerball, jackpot soars to $1.3 billion
- $500 million POWERBALL jackpot up for grabs
- North Central Florida Residents Play to Win Near Record Mega Millions Jackpot Despite the Odds
- Locals reaction to $1.5 billion dollar Powerball jackpot
- Gainesville woman wins $10 million lottery
- $3.3 Million Deficit, May Lead To Department Cutbacks For The City Of Gainesville
- Florida Lotto Raises Millions for Education
- Powerball Reaches 425 Million
- $425 Mega Millions Jackpot