Remembering K-9's Who Have Served
GAINESVILLE -Serving right along their handlers on the front lines or in law enforcement are K-9's.
So now a group in Alachua County is hoping to honor these dogs who would do anything to protect the men and women who serve.
They are planning to set up a memorial to K-9's in wars and law enforcement at Kanapaha Park.
They hope to unveil the memorial in March of next year.
If you or your business would like to make a tax deductible donation to build the Alachua County K-9 Veterans Memorial please contact:
Jim Lynch, Alachua County Veterans Memoral Committee at 352.538.3119
or mail to Jim Lynch at NW 46th Place, Gainesville, FL 32605. Checks made out to Alachua County Veterans.
- Charity Playhouse Will Have Everything 'Except Air Conditioning'
- Who's to Blame for the Murder of Marion County Teen?
- Future Fairgrounds; Who's Backyard?
- Who's Your Neighbor?
- Track Walk for Those Who Can't
- Kid's Central: Helping Find Homes For Those Who Need It Most
- Downtown Business Owners Say Homeless Problem is Out of Control - Who's To Blame?
- Kid Who Can't Eat Fundraiser
- Who's Most Vulnerable to the Economy?
- Who's Teaching Your Kids