Self Defense "RadKids"
GAINESVILLE - School kids are learning how to fight back with everything they have if attacked by strangers.
Gainesville Police Corporal Wendy Lord taught self defense techniques to 4th and 5th graders in the "Radkids Self Defense Program" at Norton Elementary School.
The program is designed to help train students what to do if someone they don't know if someone tries to take them away.
The students learned certain moves to use against their attacker.
"Just hope that parents and teachers and coaches realize how important it is to put the kids in the situation and physically train them instead of just standing there and telling them the do's and don'ts," Corporal Wendy Lord with Gainesville Police said.
About 24 kids attended program.
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program
- radKIDS summer camp
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense & Stand Your Ground Law
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense
- Shooter Claims Self-Defense
- Self-Defense Case
- Man Killed in Act of Self Defense
- Florida Task Force on Self-defense Laws to Start Work
- Evidence Mixed for Zimmerman's Self-defense Claim
- Fla. Task Force Begins Review of Self-defense Law