Suze Orman Speaks in Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - Graduates from the University of Florida's College of Veterinary Medicine got schooled today in something they will be dealing with after school is done - debt.
The advice came from none other than money guru Suze Orman.
Orman is an author, financial advisor, motivational speaker, and television host.
But this afternoon, she took a break to talk to an audience who will deal first hand with the money advice she dishes out.
Orman gave the students tips on how to manage money, pay off student loans, and encouraged them to work hard and not be afraid of failure.
The new graduates were happy to receive some advice about student loans that will help them in the near future, one told us -"I think that it's only fitting that she's coming to give us a talk today. I think we're all a little nervous about it, we're all going to do our best, and so I hope that she's right there rooting us on and telling us 'you know what? you're going to be okay'."
Among the students graduating was Orman's niece.
- Personal Finance Expert Suze Orman to Speak at UF Graduation
- First Lady to Speak in Gainesville Monday
- At-Large 2 Candidate Annie Orlando Speaks on the Issues Facing Gainesville
- At-Large 2 Candidate Helen Warren Speaks on the Issues Facing Gainesville
- Haiti Earthquake Survivor Speaks To Gainesville Church
- Son of Woman Killed in Friday Night Gainesville Crash Speaks
- Gainesville Missing Man Family Speaks
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- Tasty Buddha Owner Speaks Out
- Psychiatrist Speaks on Sports-Related Brain Injuries