Three People Arrested for Attempted Burglary
Three people were arrested Tuesday morning after attempting to break into the Hyde-N-Seek-Recovery, Inc. in Gainesville to recover a repossessed car.
Dalton Cassel, 18, Christopher Duval, 20, and Juanita Love, 36, were seen along the business’ fence after business hours.
When an employee of the business saw them, the three suspects walked away. Duval and Love hid in the woods as officers arrived in the area.
Cassel told Officer Steve Sweeting that they were going to use bolt cutters to cut the business’ fence to retrieve Love’s repossessed car. Love and Duval also admitted their involvement in the attempted burglary after they were later found at the Kangaroo on NW 13th Street.
A pair of bolt cutters belonging to Duval was discovered along the business’ fence line where fresh cuts had been made. They were later verified by the business owner.
Cassel, Duval and Love were each charged with attempted burglary, attempted grand theft auto and possession of burglary tools. They are currently being held in the Alachua County jail.
- Suspect Arrested in Sylvan Learning Burglary
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- Three Men Arrested for Inhumanely Slaughtering Animals in South Florida
- Police Urge People Not to Fire Guns in Celebration
- Burglary Suspect Falls Through Restaurant Roof
- Four Arrested after Three Attempted Home Invasions
- Report: Bieber had Pot, Xanax in System at Arrest
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges