685 Homeless Pets Were Adopted Over the Weekend
ALACHUA COUNTY - Alachua County Animal Services, along with numerous other local animal rescues found homes for 685 pets during the past weekend's "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" event.
The event included 7 other communities throughout the country. Pet adoptions were free at all locations, a requirement to participate, and Maddie's® Fund will pay participating organizations between $500 and $2,000 for each adoption.
Alachua County Animal Services adopted out 110 animals, for an estimated $74,000 (pending confirmation from Maddie's ® Fund).
"This weekend was a huge success thanks to the hard work of all the staff, volunteers, and the wonderful pet community here in Alachua County," said Vern Sawyer, Alachua County Animal Services Director.
The event is held to increase awareness of shelter animals and their need for loving homes, and to shed light on the tireless efforts of shelters and rescue organizations across the county.
For more information, contact Alachua County Animal Services at 352-264-6870.
- Free Pet Adoptions This Weekend
- PetSmart Adoption Weekend
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- Housing for Homeless Vets: Is the Debate Over?
- Armed Burglar Enters House While Homeowners Were Inside
- Man Caught Stealing Food While Residents Were Home
- 40 Years Since The "Gainesville 8" Were Acquitted
- What were you doing ten years ago?
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Receipts Show Shovel, Duct Tape & Sleeping Pills Were Purchased
- Were Women and Minorities Targeted In UF Layoffs?