Community Legal Services Offering Help With Foreclosure
Ocala, Fla. -- The economy may be recovering, but many are still suffering as shown by the latest numbers from the Florida Deparment of Economic Opportunity.
The unemployment rate released Friday shows more people in Alachua and Marion counties are unemployed.
In Alachua, May's 5.3% unemployment rate is up half a percent from April.
In Marion County, 7.8% unemployment is up a little from April's 7.3 percent, although still down from this time last year.
One local group is offering assistance where they can, by helping Marion County homeowners.
Community Legal Services of Mid Florida hosted an event with Fannie Mae representatvies and several other legal and financial advisors to offer free advice and counseling to homeowners struggling with their mortgage or facing foreclosure.
CLSMF helps home owners in Citrus, Flagler, Hernando, Lake, Marion, Osceola, Putnam, Sumter or Volusia counties.
For more information, call 1-855-523-9150 or visit www.clsmf.org.
- Helping One Organization At A Time
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Donations for Charities Accpeted Until End of Month
- NAACP Threatens Legal Action Over Ocala Saggy Pants Law
- ACLU warns Marion County Schools of possible legal issues with bathroom policy
- As Dog Recovers, PETA Offers Reward in Search for Abuser
- Rasmussen College's Annual Service Day In Ocala
- Four Schools Offer Free After School Program
- Commissioner makes plea for community to take advantage of mental health services
- A Community Helps Rebuild a Army Sergeant's Home