Fanfares and Fireworks to Return For 2013
Fanfares and Fireworks, the annual Independence Day Eve event, will return to Gainesville this year and feature a variety of musical groups, a picnic on the grass and a fireworks show.
The event will take place on Wednesday, July 3 at 7 p.m. at the University of Florida Bandsehll at Flavet Field on the University of Florida campus.
Event performers will include contemporary jazz artists Richy Stano and Mindwalk along with contemporary rock artists Mark Gaignard and the Barstool Prophets.
The Gainesville community Band will also perform traditional favorites and later be joined by the University of Florida Billy Mitchell Drill Team Color Guard for a salute to the armed forces.
The evenning will conclude with a fireworks display by Skylighters of Florida. The show will start at approximately 9:40 p.m. and be set to the music of the Gainesville Community Band.
Fanfares and Fireworks is presented by the UF College of Journalism and Communications and its media properties. The City of Gainesville is the primary sponsor and admission is free. No dogs, sparklers or alcohol will be allowed at the event.
- FanFare and Fireworks 2012
- Fourth of July Fireworks
- FAMU Marching 100 Band to Return to Field Sept. 1
- UF's Fanfares and Fireworks Still Needs $8,500
- Florida Tourism Boom in 1Q of 2013
- Florida Tourism Boom In 1st Quarter Of 2013
- OJ Returns to Las Vegas Court in Bid for New Trial
- Passengers Return to US After Cruise Ship Fire
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- FAA Delays Closing of Airport Control Towers