Man Arrested for Trying to Light House on Fire
A Marion County man spends the night in jail after trying to light his house on fire, while his family was inside.
Deputies said 24 -year -old Henry John McDonald had been arguing with his girlfriend late Tuesday night.
McDonalds brother, James, said McDonald was throwing things inside the house and then said "he was going to burn down the house."
Investigators said McDonald grabbed a gas can and poured gas on the back porch of the home.
McDonalds mother, girlfriend and his two month old child were inside the home.
"That's insane. I mean who would do that? Who would think about burning a house with a baby inside who is alive," said Cinthia Delgado who lives nearby.
James used a towel to put out the fire.
When deputies arrived mcdonald said he was upset because his family betrayed him and he knew what he did was wrong.
he was arrested and charged with arson.
his bond was set at $10,000.
- Armed Burglar Enters House While Homeowners Were Inside
- Suspects Arrested While Trying to Steal Gas
- Marion County Man Believed to be Responsible for String of Arsons Arrested
- Ronald McDonald House Sees Decrease in Donations
- Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House
- Ronald McDonald House Renovations
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrates 30 Years
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Celebrate 40 Years of Service
- UPDATE: Both Officers Tried to Get out of Columbia County House Fire
- Mother and Sons Killed in House Fire; Neighbors Trying to Cope