In Marion County 160 First Year Teachers Will Lose Their Jobs
MARION COUNTY - In Marion County, 160 first year teachers and more than 100 other public school employees have been notified their positions will be eliminated next year due to budget cuts.
The cuts alone amount to almost 4 million dollars, but the projected deficit for next year's budget leaves a remaining 25 million dollars still to be cut.
According to Marion County Public Schools, the budget process is on - going, and if more cuts are needed, possibilities include district - wide furlough days for employees and pay reductions.
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Bethany Crawford named Marion County Teacher of the Year
- Levy County Teachers May Be Losing Jobs
- SFC Production Manager Loses Job After 37 Years of Service
- Cities Will Receive Less Money From Gas Taxes
- Two-Thirds of Marion County Fired Teachers Hired Back
- Potential raises for Marion County teachers
- Marion County Job Growth on Rise
- "Certified Substitutes" Can't Replace Full-time Teachers