School Uniform Survey in Alachua County
Friday is the last day for students in Alachua County to take a survey and share their opinions about school uniforms.
During a school board meeting, board member April Griffin brought up the issue of school uniforms and how she believes many students are not in favor of them.
Griffin suggested the school district create a survey, to get student feed back.
"My point is to doing it is was to let the students know that they do have a voice and we care and we listen to what they think," said Griffin.
All high school students attending Alachua County Public Schools have the opportunity to take a seven question survey run by Survey Monkey about school uniforms.
To take the survey, all you need to do is go on to the Alachua County Public Schools website and click on the uniform survey tab. A second page will pop up and it requires you to type in a password. The password is one simple word, which can be used by everyone and anyone.
"Now that I know I am going to take it again tonight," said De'Ontrey Lery.
"I've did it about five times," said Keyanni Evans.
These two Gainesville High School students said they embrace the opportunity to share just how much they hate wearing solid collared shirts and solid pants.
"I hope they change it like get in the state of mind to change it. Let us wear whatever we want," said Lery.
Since students can take this survey multiple times, it's fairness and accuracy is in question.
"It's a great possibility for the results to be skewed. Hopefully no one has that much time on their hands," said Iris Bailey who is a teacher Buchholz High School.
Alachua County Public Schools Public Information Officer Jackie Johnson said the school district was restricted on time and knows the survey is not scientific.
"The board will know that when they receive the information. We will make it clear to them," said Johnson.
"As far as the change, I don't know what that would mean. I am only one person. The whole board would have to agree, a majority. We would have to look at the policy," said Griffin.
Only one of the five current school board members was on the board in 2010, when the uniform policy was implemented.
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- FluMist is Back in Alachua County Public Schools
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools
- Alachua County public schools seeing an increase in head lice
- Robotics coming to Alachua County Public Schools
- Students Help County with Tortoise Survey