Sheriff's Office Auction Benefits Local Gun Dealers
LEVY COUNTY, Fla.- It’s an auction sponsored by the Levy County Sheriff’s office, and open to local gun shops for an opportunity for the sheriff’s office to empty their evidence room, and for business owners to stock their shelves.
Levy County Sheriff's Lt. Scott Tummond explains the process, “It’s a barter deal, they give us a figure on how much they think the guns are worth and then we receive store credit, that store credit allows our office to outfit our deputies on the road with new and updated equipment that they need.”
3 local gun stores responded to the invitation to bid and 2 placed sealed envelope bids.
***Update*** The "Southern Sportsman Gun and Pawn," were contacted Thursday afternoon with information that they won the bid.
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Promotes Gun Safety, Raises Money
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office E-mail Causes Controversy Over Racism
- Sheriff's Office to Study Salaries
- Sheriff's Office Creates New Program To Lower Agricultural Crime
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?