Shooting at Spring Manor Apartments
"I am ready to move," said Bridgett Gordon.
Gordon, a mother of two, is shaken up after three men were shot in her apartment complex.
Late Sunday afternoon, the Ocala Police Department received a 9-1-1 call about shots being fired at the Spring Manor Apartments in Northeast Ocala. Lieutenant Billy Woods with OPD said two people began arguing.
"Do we know what the dispute was about?
"No. Right now the investigation has not revealed it. It is unclear what the dispute was over," said Lt.Woods.
The fight escalated and then several people became involved.
"A couple of subjects brandish a handgun and began to shoot at the individuals there at the apartments," said Lt. Woods.
Nineteen- year- old David Prince told detectives that he was inside that second floor apartment during the fight that was happening in this grassy area. At one point, a shot penetrated the wall of that apartment.
Striking him in the shoulder.
"If it wouldn't had hit him, it could've went through the next wall and came in through my apartment. It's kind of like scary and to know that they had children and stuff in the house," said Gordon.
Detectives are trying to find out if Prince had anything to do with the fight or if he is an inncocent bystander.
"Right now that is what he is advising us, that he was not involved in the altercation. It is unclear and we are not for sure if he was directly involved," said Lt. Woods.
The two others shot are Javon Mosley and Adam Vereen.
Detectives arrested this man connection with the shooting.
Twenty- year -old Mervyn Cotton is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of weapon by a convicted felon.
"Witnesses put him there at the scene. Witnesses observed him brandish the firearm and discharge the firearm at the individuals," said Lt. Woods.
If you have any information on who maybe involved contact the Ocala Police Department. .
- Glen Springs Manor Apartments Out of Gas
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Mental Health Care System, One Year After Sandy Hook Shooting
- Glen Springs Manor
- Glen Springs Manor Residents Plan to Move Out ASAP
- 92 Year Old Woman Accused of Shooting at Neighbor Over A Kiss
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Caught on Camera: 71-year-old Shoots at Robbers
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy