Son of Woman Killed in Friday Night Gainesville Crash Speaks
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - On Friday Night Dee - Anna Marlow was struck by a car along Newberry road in what would become a fatal accident.
Marlow was taken away in serious condition to receive treatment at Shands Hospital.
She was taken off life support Saturday morning and died soon after.
Dee’s son, Emmitt Hill was the present at the time of the crash and says before Emergency Medical Services arrived he was surprised at the willingness of complete strangers to help his mother.
Hill says, “I can’t even explain it, it’s hard knowing perfect strangers with no regard just left their car in the middle of the street and jumped out in the pouring rain and got right down on the ground with her like it was their own mom. It was pretty amazing”
The driver of the vehicle that struck Marlow, 24 year old Kristen Mankosa, was given a blood test to check for any drugs or alcohol in her system.
Police officers say that it’s standard protocol for a traffic homicide investigation even though she did not appear under the influence.
- Gainesville Woman #GivesBack on Her Birthday
- Father Honors Memory of Son Killed in Car Crash
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- UF Study Finds Designated Drivers Don't Always Spend the Night Sober
- City of Newberry Unsure How to Manage New Community Center
- A Walk to Remember for Newberry High School Grad
- Gainesville Woman Arrested for Drugs, Says She Needed Money for Son's Birthday
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- Bumpy Road to Recovery for Live Oak Residents