Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
Ocala, Fl. -- A man is in critical condition after being hit by a Marion County Sheriff's patrol car early this morning.
22-year-old Steven Lynch of Summerfield was crossing SE 58th Avenue around midnight on a dark, unlit part of the street, according to the Florida Highway Patrol report.
According to the FHP, a Marion County Sheriff's patrol car headed south on SE 58th Ave didn't see Lynch "until the last moment" and collided with him.
Lynch was taken to the Ocala Regional Trauma Center in critical condition.
Florida Highway Patrol officials are investigating the incident, charges are pending an investigation.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Man Shot by Dixie County Sheriff's Deputy
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Chasing Down Man With Car