Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
Ocala, Fl. -- A man is in critical condition after being hit by a Marion County Sheriff's patrol car early this morning.
22-year-old Steven Lynch of Summerfield was crossing SE 58th Avenue around midnight on a dark, unlit part of the street, according to the Florida Highway Patrol report.
According to the FHP, a Marion County Sheriff's patrol car headed south on SE 58th Ave didn't see Lynch "until the last moment" and collided with him.
Lynch was taken to the Ocala Regional Trauma Center in critical condition.
Florida Highway Patrol officials are investigating the incident, charges are pending an investigation.
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Elderly man in critical condition after attack
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Breathalyzers, Most Cop Cars Don't Carry Them
- Man hit and killed in Marion County
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Cattle Car Crash