Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
Ocala, Fl. -- A man is in critical condition after being hit by a Marion County Sheriff's patrol car early this morning.
22-year-old Steven Lynch of Summerfield was crossing SE 58th Avenue around midnight on a dark, unlit part of the street, according to the Florida Highway Patrol report.
According to the FHP, a Marion County Sheriff's patrol car headed south on SE 58th Ave didn't see Lynch "until the last moment" and collided with him.
Lynch was taken to the Ocala Regional Trauma Center in critical condition.
Florida Highway Patrol officials are investigating the incident, charges are pending an investigation.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- Cattle Car Crash
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Gainesville Man Accused of Repeatedly Hitting Child with a Belt
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Chasing Down Man With Car
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight