Argon Medical Devices Announces Plans to Leave Gainesville
Published July 30th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla.- Argon medical devices has announced that it's letting go more than 100 employees.
Only six weeks ago Argon bought out Angiotech-- including its gainesville operation.
Now they are closing that facility.
Argon medical devices won't be officially closing its doors until December.
So employees at the company's Gainesville office have a choice-- transfer out of state-- or go unemployed.
A statement released by Argon production manager gives Gainesville the opportunity to move to Athens Texas, just outside Dallas.
They posted jobs it looked like the pay rate would be lower and i don't have anything in Texas." , says Argon employee, Susan Few.
Argon also decided to close down its facility in Stenlose, Denmark and move production from that facility to Wheeling, Illinois... Adding 80 jobs to that area.
- Disney Announces Plans for Magic Kingdom Expansion
- GRU GM Bob Hunzinger Announces Plans to Resign
- UF President Bernie Machen Announces Plans to Step Down
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Announces $58 Million Dollar Expansion Project
- Feds Quash Company's Plan to Jam GPS Devices
- All Four People Confirmed Dead on Plane Leaving from Gainesville
- Gainesville VA leaves thousands waiting
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Plans To Improve Downtown Gainesville
- Gainesville's Police Chief Plans to Retire