A "Cabinet of Curiosities" in Gainesville
Its a modern day "Cabinet of Curiosities" at the Thomas Center.
Curated by Gainesville Resident Bill Hutchinson, the "Theater of Memory" collection is inspired by the "Cabinets of Curiosities" once exhibited in the middle ages.
The exhibition features a diverse range of objects including medieval sheet music, fossils, and even a first edition of a Mark Twain book.
Hutchinson-- who owns all the artifacts-- says the point of the gallery is for people leave with a little more knowledge of the world.
"This is a wonderful thing for bright kids and their parents to come and do together… because is is set up that there is something for nerds of every stripe. Anybody who has a little poetry in their soul, anybody who is looking for a little inspiration will find something here," said Hutchinson.
The exhibit is free of charge and will be on display Monday- Saturday at the Thomas Center until September 28th.
- "Curiosity" Lands on Mars
- NASA Releases Video Of Curiosity's Martian Descent
- Gainesville Firefighters are Trying to "Fill the Boot"
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- "Walk in My Shoes" events in Gainesville
- Gainesville's Environmental Film and Arts Festival Focuses on Becoming More "Green"
- Billionaire Investor Comes to Gainesville, Throws Entrepreneurs into the "Shark Tank"
- "Sue Bear"- Missing Dog in Gainesville
- "The Color Purple" comes to Gainesville