Columbia County Teen Arrested for Killing His Father
A teen has been arrested in the death of his father.
Police found the body of 55 year old Herman Haenisch in his apartment on Northwest Lake City Avenue.
That's when they received a phone call from Haenisch's wife, who was out of town.
She told them their son, 19 year old Eric Haenisch, called her to say he had shot his father.
Khrissi Haenisch told police her son may be traveling in a red Dodge Durango.
The car was located at the Cabot Lodge Hotel on US HWY 90.
Police established a perimeter and started evacuating rooms near Eric's room; Hearing the commotion Eric surrendered without a fight.
He's now in the Columbia County lockup.
- Son Charged With Murdering His Own Father, Police Investigating Motive
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Police Pursuit
- Lake City police searching for shooter
- Three Arrested for Child Neglect in Lake City
- Fourth of July Celebrations in Lake City
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Lake City Police Investigate Shooting