CSX Train Collides with Fedex Van in Hawthorne
A mangled shell of a car is all that remains of the Fedex van that collided with a CSX train carrying upwards of thirty cars.
The driver of the van was transported by ambulance with critical injuries to UF Health Hospital in Gainesville.
Alachua County sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to the call regarding the crash at around 4pm Wednesday afternoon and have since turned the investigation over to Florida Highway Patrol.
Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Bruce Simmons says, “What we’re doing now is we’re doing a preliminary traffic homicide investigation, where we’ll come out and take some measurements, we’ll interview the engineer who was on the train and get his statement on what happened, we’re gonna get the conductor who which i understand also witnessed his version of what happened.”
Regardless of what led up to the crash, both area residents and FHP troopers say the private road railway signs are dangerous.
- UPS, FedEx Under Fire for Late Christmas Deliveries
- The city of Ocala gets a new FedEx Ground Hub
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs
- County and City Approve FedEX plan
- FedEx Ground coming to Ocala
- Kid Who Hit FedEx Truck Gets New Bike
- CSX Train Derails Near Alachua
- Child Hit By Fed-Ex Tractor Trailor
- Son of Woman Killed in Friday Night Gainesville Crash Speaks
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site