Family Bulldog Bites Seven-Year-Old Boy
A seven -year- old boy is recovering after a bulldog bit him in the face.
It happened outside a home in northeast Silver Springs.
On monday somethng triggered this five- year-old bull dog to attack a seven- year- old boy in front of this home.
"I am so sorry that this happened. I feel bad for that little boy and what he is going through," said Laura McBride who owns the dulldog named "Chopper."
McBride said the seven -year-old boy wandered onto her property where her child was playing.
The other children who were inside, headed out the door when "Chopper" slipped out.
That's when McBrides two- year- old daughter fell on the porch and started screaming.
"Once she feel and started screaming and the boy was next to her, he pushed him down. Chopper got on him, bit his face and just held him down on the concrete," said McBride.
Bitting him on the right side of his face near his eye.
McBride grabbed Chopper, took him inside and immediately called 9-1-1.
"He had four puncture wounds only on his face," said McBride.
McBride said she didn't know where the boy came from, so she went looking around the block.
The boys grandmother, who didn't want to comment, was only a few houses down the street.
Once medics and deputies arrived, the seven -year -old boy was taken to the UF Health Shands and Chopper was taken to Marion County Animal Services.
"You could tell he was sad. He knew he had done something wrong. I think that Chopper thought that little boy hurt her when she started screaming because he was beside her. He was protecting her. I don't believe that he meant to hurt him like he did," said McBride.
Neighbor Chad Stewart said he couldn't believe chopper was capable of attacking a child.
"He is just a big lovable dog. I got three kids who play with him all the time and never seen that dog do anything. Not even growl, much less anything like this," said Stewart.
After the attack, McBride decided to put Chopper to sleep because of what he did to the young boy.
"I miss my dog, but I had to do what I think was right," said McBride.
Guy Howard said his step son is at home recovering, but he does not know if there will be permanent damage.
- Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Family Reacts to Loss of 12 yr old Boy Killed in Hunting Accident
- 18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police
- 96-Year-Old Woman Brutally Attacked Still Alive
- The 96 year old woman from Newberry who was brutally attacked in July, died today...
- Pit Bulls Attack 91-Year-Old Man
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Amber Alert Issued For A Four-Year-Old Marion County Boy