FBI Raid Exposes Online Crimes Against Children
Published July 31st, 2013
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla- An FBI raid over this month resulted in the rescue of more than 100 teenagers and the arrest of 150 pimps and other individuals across the country.
The FBI used websites like backpage.com known as the Craigslist for prostitution to catch some of the criminals.
Gainesville has a backpage site, a fact that worries parents, "You gave to be very very involved, you have to know their friends, what they're doing how they're spending their time,"
says mother of three, Janine Privett.
Since this time last year the 2 gainesville police department detectives with icac have 27 open investigations, 15 of those are child porn cases.
In Alachua county prostitution arrests aren't as prevalent as child pornography.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office reports 6 child pornography arrests this year already.
To report online crimes against children visit www.missingkids.com/Cybertipline or call 1-800-843-5678
- Students Protest Against FBI Raids
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Internet Crimes Against Children, Parents are First Line of Defense
- Crimes Against Children
- FBI RAIDS OLASANTE CLINIC
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- FBI Raids UF Prof's Office, Home
- A Gainesville man is behind bars after exposing himself to two children.
- Health Department Searching for Man Exposed to Rabid Fox
- Missing Fla. Lawyer Turns Himself in to FBI