Fire Dogs Up for Adoption
Some of the dogs that survived a belleview house fire about a month ago, are now up for adoption.
The Humane Society of Marion County took in eleven of the dogs.
Staff members said when the dogs first arrived they looked sad, scared, and were still suffering from smoke inhalation.
Two dogs had to be sent back to the animal hospital because they were too sick.
So far only one of the dogs has been adopted.
One- year- old Gia is waiting to go home to her new family, but eight dogs are still hoping for one.
"They have been through such a terrible time and they survived. They survived and they are great dogs. There is a perfect personality of each dog that will go so well with different kinds of people," said Sunny Robinson.
The dogs range in age from one to nine.
The adoption fee is $75.
The Humane Society currently has more than 50 dogs at the Marion County Shelter.
- A New Home for Levy County Humane Society
- Alachua County Humane Society Adopt-A-Pet: 09/16/14
- Human Remains Identified as Missing Marion County Man
- Human Trafficking in Marion County
- Habitat For Humanity Cutting Jobs In Marion County
- Human Remains May Be Missing Marion County Man
- 685 Homeless Pets Were Adopted Over the Weekend
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Adopt-A-Pet 4/22/14: Humane Society
- Adopt-A-Pet 3/4/14: Humane Society