Gainesville Man Accused of Repeatedly Hitting Child with a Belt
GAINESVILLE - A local man is behind bars, accused of hitting a child repeatedly with a belt.
33-year-old Detron McCray was at a home in the 700 block of NE 20th Street late Monday night when a neighbor called police saying they heard a loud disturbance in the home.
When police arrived, a young child told them McCray had struck them 20 times on the behind with a belt for being disrespectful.
The victim also had a large welt on the right side of the face.
The victim's age, gender and relationship to McCray were redacted from the report.
He was arrested on a felony charge of child abuse and was being held at the Alachua County jail without bond.
- Ocala Man Arrested in Child Porn Case
- Man Accused of Cutting Up Dog for Food
- Man Accused of Giving Abortion Drug to Take Plea
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Chasing Down Man With Car
- Gainesville Man Goes to Prison for Stealing Soldier's Identity
- Fla. Man Accused Of Forcing Wis. Teen To Be Prostitute
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando