Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
Published July 15th, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla.- It's not being called the safest of neighborhoods.
The majority of murders in Gainesville this year have all been in one community
Residents of Southern Pines Apartments have mixed feelings about the murder of Samuel Hamilton over the weeknd, but they say the neighborhood is no stranger to violent crime.
Southern Pines Resident, Viola Moore says she doesn't live in a terrible neighborhood.
"It's not as bad as it sounds it's a roof over your head, it's one incident, another incident made it bad for the rest of us."
But it's more than just one incident.
There have been a total of four murders this year in Gainesville and 3 of them including Hamilton's occurred in and around Southern Pines.
Southern Pines management says they hired security for the complex following the January murder on their property.
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex
- Homicide at Southern Pine Apartments
- Southern Pines Murder Suspect Turns Himself In
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Gainesville Police Cracking Down on Jaywalking
- Gainesville Police Conducting Increased Traffic Detail Along Roadways
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- Gainesville Little One's Event Celebrates 35 Years of Giving
- As Fourth of July Draws Closer, Firework Safety Remains a Concern