Gilchrist Teacher of the Year on Administrative Leave
For the second time this year, a North Central Florida "Teacher of the Year" will teach no more.
Gilchrist County schoolteacher Steve Broker, who taught and coached at Trenton Middle- High school for more than 15 years will not return to his classroom next month.
Broker is accused of making inappropriate advances toward students.
After a two-day hearing, school board members told TV 20, this evening they decided Broker will remain on administrative leave until his sick time kicks in, and then he will retire.
In April, a former Alachua County "Teacher of the Year" lost his job after a sworn complaint was filed against him.
- Hawthorne Teacher on Administrative Leave
- The Next Step: Gilchrist County Administrator
- Gilchrist County Votes to Fire Administrator After 'Unsatisfactory' Job Performance
- High Springs Police Chief on Administrative Leave, not Vacation
- UF Vet School Professor on Administrative Leave After Voyeurism Arrest
- Police chief placed on administrative leave
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputy on administrative leave for dating violence incident
- ASO: Deputy on paid administrative leave after death of K-9
- Ocala Police Chief put on paid administrative leave
- Alachua County's Teacher of the Year