GPD Seeking Public's Help in Identifying Armed Robbery Suspects
Published July 24th, 2013
GAINESVILLE - Police are on the hunt for two men behind a violent armed robbery at a seafood restaurant Monday night.
Surveillance camera footage shows the men sneaking in through an unlocked back door around 8 p.m. at BJ's Seafood restaurant off Williston Road. In the video, one of the men can be seen wearing a mask and carrying a gun.
Once inside, the men ambushed the restaurant owner and another employee, and then demanded they hand over their money.
After not responding quickly enough to their demands, the owner was pistol-whipped and fell to the ground. That's when the men grabbed his watch and took $40 out of the pocket of the other employee before running away.
Police have released screenshots from the surveillance footage hoping someone is able to identify these men.
Both are described as being between 17- and 20-years-old and standing between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8.
- Detectives seeking the public's help in helping sexual battery victims come forward
- GPD search for suspects in armed robbery
- Suspects Take Victim's Clothes In Armed Robbery
- Suspect arrested in Tuesday's armed robbery
- School Board Seeks Publics Help in Superintendent Search
- Armed Robbery Suspect Caught
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Police searching for second suspect in armed robbery on UF campus
- One suspect remains in armed robbery