Nations Park In Newberry Filling In Sinkhole
NEWBERRY, Fla. -- It's not expected to sink the city budget... but a sinkhole in Newberry is proving to be a pesky problem.
The city is in the process of repairing a sinkhole on the grounds of the new Nations Park ballfield.
The city will start filling in the hole tomorrow.
It appeared behind the park's administration building in a retention pond near some of the fields.
City officials say they've had previous sinkhole activity in that same area, families enjoying a tournament this week don't seem to mind.
"Everything seems to be good with the fields, we were out all day yesterday and there were no problems, so it seems fine" mother Reggie Fajack said while her son played in one of today's games.
No word yet on how much the repairs will cost.
City officials say they don't expect it to have any impact on the park's ability to host tournaments.
- New Baseball Park In Newberry
- Newberry Home to Undergo Sinkhole Repairs After Cavern Discovered Underneath
- Sinkhole Repairs in Newberry Home
- A Newberry Home Saved From Sinkhole
- Sinkhole In The Villages Filled
- Sinkhole Filled
- Newberry Man Plans Splash Park, In Lieu Of Serving 10-year Federal Sentence
- Nations Park in Newberry Could Be Changing Hands
- Newberry's Nations Park Behind Schedule
- Newberry's Nations Park Wants "Wow Factor"