Ocala Teenager Shoots 5-year-old with BB Gun
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - An Ocala teen is accused of shooting a 5-year-old in the leg with a BB gun.
Marion County Sheriff's deputies report the 17-year-old boy was arrested on a felony child abuse charge.
The child reportedly had a red welt on his leg, but did not require medical attention.
Deputies say the boy told them he was playing with friends when the teen approached and allegedly shot the boy.
The gun was found at the home of one of the teen's friends.
The teen was taken to a juvenile detention facility.
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- 5-Year-Old Sees Mother Get Shot By Father
- Shooting In Ocala Kills 3
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Caught on Camera: 71-year-old Shoots at Robbers
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers