"Operation: Stuff the Bus" Event Saturday
MARION COUNTY - The annual "Operation: Stuff the Bus" program kicks off Saturday across Marion County.
The program allows local residents the chance to help homeless children by donating new school supplies, children's clothing, shoes, books and games, personal hygiene items, gift cards and cash donations.
So far, the campaign has collected $375,000 in donations and merchandise.
You can participate by bringing your donations from 9a to 5p Saturday to the Walmart located at 9570 SW Hwy 200 in Ocala.
Here's a look at the schedule:
--July 13 - Walmart, 9570 SW Hwy 200, Ocala
--July 20 - Walmart, 2600 SW 19 Ave, Ocala
--July 27 - Walmart, 4980 East Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala
--August 3 - KMart, 10301 SE US Hwy 441, Belleview
--August 6 (Super Tuesday) - Various government offices
--August 10 - Walmart, The Villages, Summerfield
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
- Santa Fe College "Starts The Bus"
- Operation "Back to Booze"
- Illegal Online Gambling stopped in "Operation Game Over"
- "Operation Dry Water" Cracks Down on Illegal Boating Activities
- Sante Fe's "Operation Carepak" Is Sending Love to Soldiers
- "Operation Rebuild," Helping Others In Marion County
- 19 Arrested in Cross-County Sexual Offender Sting Called "Operation Wrangler"
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Operation Stuff the Bus