Perry Asks State to Examine GRU Billing
State representative Keith Perry is throwing his weight behind an effort to get the state to examine the billing practices of Gainesville Regional Utilities.
A complaint over how GRU is using its rate stabilization fund was filed with the public service commission by a resident and a business owner.
GRU has been overcharging customers to soften the impact of the cost of the new biomass power plant. The fund was last reported to have reached 26-million dollars.
The PSC does not approve rates set by municipal utilities.
But Perry-- a business owner himself--called on the agency to make sure GRU's rates are "fair and non-discriminatory."
- Bill Filed for Control of GRU
- GRU Bill Dies in Tallahassee
- Election Day 2014- Keith Perry wins State Representative District 21
- UF Professor Examines Crisis in Syria
- Zimmerman Asking State To Pay His Bill
- GRU Offers Assistance For Winter Utility Bills
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- Keith Perry Is The District 22 GOP Nominee
- Vanguard's N'Kosi Perry and Natrell Jamerson Win High School Play of the Year Day 1!
- City Commissioners Consider New Governance Structure for GRU