Poe Springs Reopens for Swimming
ALACHUA COUNTY - Poe Springs Park is reopening for swimming on July 4th.
The park had been closed due to needed repairs, including the replacement of the spring's retaining wall and steps.
In addition to the retaining wall and steps, the park buildings have new roofs, air conditioning, and landscaping.
The hours of the park will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday through Sunday. The park is free and open to the public.
- Poe Springs Re-Opens on July Fourth
- Nyad Defends Herself to Skeptics of Cuba-Fla. Swim
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- Thousands of Artifacts Found in Silver Springs
- Construction in Poe Springs Park Nears Completion
- Poe Springs Construction Has Resumed
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prosecutor: Hernandez was Gunman in Double Killing
- Zimmerman Trial: Protesters Rally Against Verdict
- 'Justice for Trayvon' Rallies Set For 100 Cities Nationwide