"Spelling Fail" on Roadside Sign
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Department of Transportation had some explaining to do when Florida was misspelled on an Interstate 95 exit sign in Jacksonville.
First Coast News reports the signs being installed along I-95 were produced by a sign manufacturer in Arkansas.
The mistake was spotted on a sign set to go up at the J. Turner Boulevard exit. Florida was misspelled twice on one sign. It says University of North "Flordia" and "Flordia" State College South Campus.
A spokesman for the sign company told First Coast News it will fix the mistakes for free.
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- Lift Off from the Space Coast!
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- 5 Key Moments From First Week of Zimmerman Trial
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- "Hateful" Sign Causes Neighborhood Uproar
- "Sign of the Times" in High Springs
- "Hire Me First Card" Could Be Ticket to Success
- The First "Apostles Build"
- GPD Officer Dies From Injuries; Driver Has First Court Appearance