Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
WELAKA, Fla.- The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office received a call Monday regarding an abandoned dog and her six puppies on the side of the road in Welaka Florida.
The dog and four of her pit bull hound mix puppies have since died including one Tuesday morning.
Putnam County Sheriff’s Detectives were thinking the same thing.
Less than a day after receiving the call, Sheriff’s Deputies arrested 27 year old Deondra Milledge on 5 charges of animal cruelty.
Deputy Paula Priester says there are measures in place to prevent crimes against animals in the county.
“Last year we did offer free vouchers to residents of Putnam County to have their dogs spayed or neutered we were only given a certain amount of those vouchers and when we ran out we didn’t have any more but we will be getting those again this year and it will include cats.”
The vouchers are being distributed based on household size and income.
The surviving 2 puppies in this case are in the custody of a good samaritan who rescued them on the side of the road.
- Indiana Murder Suspect Arrested in Putnam County
- Putnam County Murder Suspect Arrested
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- No suspects, few leads in Putnam County murder
- Animal Abuse in Dixie County
- Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
- Case of Medicaid Abuse and Fraud Unfolds With Fifth Arrest
- Man Arrested In Abuse Case
- Putnam County Father and Daughter Arrested in Meth Lab Bust