Tasty Buddha Owner Speaks Out
Published July 24th, 2013
The food promises to "Enlighten your Belly" but its hard for workers of one restaurant to eat without a paycheck.
Owner of Gainesville's "Tasty Buddha," Parker Van Hart, says he is hurt some employees have turned against him.
We showed you over the weeekend how several workers protested… claiming they are not being paid on time.
Employees tell us the restaurant has a history of late payments and bounced checks for at least a year-and-a-half.
Van Hart does not deny the accusations, but says his employees alway get their paychecks... even if payment is late.
"There have been times when the paycheck have bounced, when that happens I take cash out of the register and make good on those paychecks within a day. They do not go without pay," said Parker Van Hart, owner of Tasty Buddha.
Van Hart also added this doesn't happen every payroll or to every paycheck… he says he feels embarrassed when an employee encounters this problem.
He says he took out a loan last year to keep the the restaurant doors open.
Whether or not the workers who protested will get their jobs back is still unknown.
- Tasty Buddha Employees Go On Strike
- Tasty Buddha closes for good
- National Night Out Delivers Tasty Message
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Downtown Business Owners Say Homeless Problem is Out of Control- Who's To Blame?
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- Family Speaks Out on Inmate Death in Ocala
- Homeless Hurting Local Businesses?
- Ocala Gym Gives Back