911 Caller Thanked by Family
Published August 25th, 2013
The man who called 911 and saved a waitress at the Getaway Deli in Ocala last sunday was thanked by family members, and it turns out the family knew the caller.
Jeff Guinn called 911 when he stopped to check the deli's breakfast hours and saw Stacey Phillips unconscious after a diabetic episode in the restaurant.
Phillips has since been released from the hospital and her brother actually grew up playing baseball with Guinn.
"You know, it's such a small town, still to me even though Ocala is growing. It's kinda crazy that you're able to help someone that you actually know the family."
Family say Phillips got out of the hospital in time to see her daughter cheer her first high school football game.
Her coworkers told us she is planning on returning to work Monday.
Lauren Lettelier, TV20 News.
- Ocala Waitress Saved by Customer
- Private Schools are Back to School in Ocala
- 9-1-1 callers save time, while Marion County saves money
- High School Army Recruits Recognized in Ocala
- Ocala Mayor Says He Doesn't Support "Saggy Pants" Ordinance
- Ocala city Council Not Ready to Vote on Proposed Tent City
- NAACP Threatens Legal Action Over Ocala Saggy Pants Law
- Ocala mayor challenges community to get fit
- Hacker group names Ocala mayor KKK member
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon