Arrest Made in Gilchrist County Homicide
TRENTON, Fla. -- Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office made an arrest in the death of a Gilchrist county woman.
53-year-old Michael Darnell Porter was arrested Saturday for the home invasion and murder of Joyce Burrow of Bell.
Late Saturday night officials booked Porter into the Gilchrist County Jail, 11 days after the investigation began into the death of Burrow.
In a press conference earlier in the evening, Gilchrist County Sheriff Robert Schultz thanked the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Levy County Sheriff's Office along with other local law enforcement and the community for their help and support throughout the investigation.
Schultz told TV20 Porter was a resident of Levy county; he was arrested on a warrant in the panhandle around 5 p.m. after reentering the state of Florida from Alabama.
Officials would only say Porter was in Alabama on work-related business, and they are not releasing many details about the investigation that led to his arrest.
They would not comment at this point on whether Porter knew Burrow before the encounter that led to her death.
Porter was booked into the Gilchrist County Jail shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday and is being held on a 14 million dollar bond.
GCSO released pictures of Porter and his truck, and are asking anyone who may have seen it in the Gilchrist County area around the time of the incident to contact the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office.
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- 'Suspicious Death' In Gilchrist County Ruled A Homicide
- Man Behind Bars For Gilchrist County Murder
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Man Charged With Bell Woman's Death Has A Criminal Past
- Arrest made in Gilchrist County murder case
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers