Back To School Shots
GAINESVILLE - We are less than a month away from school starting and besides uniforms and supplies you've got one more thing on your checklist to cross off-- Immunizations.
Students from Kindergarten through 12th grade require specific immunizations in order to attend. While the Alachua County Health Department doesn't open weekends on Saturday (August 3rd) they provided youngsters with those shots at no cost or co-pays.
Michael Smith the Coordinator for the Immunizations Department at the Health Department said, "It gives the parents a weekend day to bring them in."
If you missed out on this event there's another opportunity for you to get your child vaccinated and ready for school. On Saturday August 10th, there will be a "Back to School Rally" at the Santa Fe College Gymnasium. The Health Department will be offering free vaccinations from 9am till noon.
"Making sure that their child gets vaccinated before they start school. If they're missing anything the child will be sent home until they are further vaccinated," Smith said.
Remember parents, these shots are mandatory and can only be waived because of religious circumstances
For any questions don't hesitate in contacting the:
Alachua County Health Department
224 SE 24th St Gainesville, FL 32641
Click here for the Alachua County Health Department website.
- Community Immunity: Flu Shots
- County Health Departments Offering Back-To-School Physicals, Immunizations
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Two Inmates Shot In A Columbia County Prison
- DMV Expansion In Alachua County
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Attempted Murder Suspect In Alachua, Behind Bars
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Alachua County Schools to Offer Free Flu Vaccines