Family of Levy County Shooter Releases Statement
Last Sunday, John Paul Robinson entered his ex-roommates' house around 3 a.m. and started shooting.
Robinson was shot and killed by the man he exchanged gunfire with and that man was transported to the hospital for treatment.
A woman and the man Robinson shot roomed together at that house.
A few days prior to the shooting, Robinson also roomed with them.
But the woman filed a restraining order against him and he had to move out.
In the following days after the restaining order was filed, Robinson's former roommates found their tires slashed and their gun missing.
The Levy County Sheriff'f Office did not release if Robinson had been in a relationship with the woman or if the man hospitalized had been.
But now, Robinson's son Rusty and other family members have released this statement:
"I am in no way defending my father in his actions Sunday morning. My father was not just a 'roommate'; he was the unidentified woman's fiancé, living in a home which he poured his heart, soul, and money into. He took her daughter on vacations to Disney World, fed and took care of the animals on the property, and purchased many new upgrades for the home. The other man in the house, on the other hand, was a roommate in a stay that was supposed to have been for one month. A year later, under the admission of the woman's daughter, this man began having intimate relations with my father's fiancé. A relationship that has continued even after my father's death. I am not blaming her for my father's action; he made his own choices. However, I am saying that some things are in fact avoidable. Now as my family grieves, we struggle to even get the few personal possessions my father had from this woman."
The Sheriff's Office had no information to release about this statement.
However, they told us the other roommate is still in the hospital undergoing surgery for his injuries.
Robinson was a convicted felon who went through five stints in prison for bulargry and grand theft related charges.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Promotes Gun Safety, Raises Money
- Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
- More Details Emerge In Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Launches New Investigation
- New Levy County Sheriff's Office Allegations
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes
- New K-9 Vehicles For Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Levy County Sheriff's Office On Board With New Age Technology