Infant Dies After Eating Liquid Laundry Packet
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Police in central Florida say a 7-month-old boy died after eating a liquid laundry packet while at a battered woman's shelter.
Kissimmee police spokesman Capt. Warren Shepard says the boy was taken to the hospital on Friday afternoon "in some distress." He was pronounced dead about an hour later.
Police declined to release further information citing the ongoing investigation. No charges have been filed.
The Florida Department of Children and Families released a statement that said they had prior history with the family of the boy named Michael. DCF says nearly two dozen children die each year in Florida from accidental poisoning.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has warned parents to be careful with those little single-load packets since some may have toxic chemicals.
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Abandoned Infant Doing Well in DCF Custody
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Teen Dies After Getting Caught in Rough Surf