Jury Recommends Death Penalty for Michael Bargo
MARION COUNTY- In a 10 to 2 vote, the jury in the Michael Bargo murder trial has recommended he receive the death penalty.
The final decision is up to Judge David Eddy though, and the law says he must consider what the jury recommends.
The jury reached a decision in a little over six and a half hours.
The judge has scheduled a Spencer hearing for September 11th and will announce his decision then.
If Judge Eddy sentences Bargo to death, he would become the youngest person on Florida's death row.
Bargo was found guilty last week in the murder of fifteen-year-old Seath Jackson back in 2011.
- Jury Recommends the Death Penalty for Emilia Carr
- Jury in Michael Bargo Trial Considers Life or Death Sentence
- Teen Murder Update: Prosecution seeking Death Penalty for Michael Bargo
- Opening Statements in Michael Bargo Trial
- Witnesses Testify in Bargo Trial
- Michael Bargo Trial Continues
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in Trial
- Closing Arguments Finished in Michael Bargo Trial
- Michael Bargo's Mother Gives Emotional Testimony
- Spencer Hearing for Convicted Killer Michael Bargo