Man Flees After Crashing into Police Cruiser
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man fled after his truck struck a police vehicle that was parked on the side of an Ocala road while the officer was conducting a security check.
Two assisting police officers caught up with 33-year-old Charles Oscar Sitzer as he pulled into his driveway early Wednesday morning. Sitzer was arrested and taken to the Marion County Jail, where he remains.
According to Ocala police, Sitzer told officers he was tired and fell asleep at the wheel. When his truck struck the cruiser, Sitzer says he got scared and drove away.
Officers found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle. He now faces charges that include leaving the scene of a crash with property damage and drug possession.
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Suspect Arrested After Fleeing From Police
- Man Charged With Crashing Into Deputy's Car, Fleeing
- Speeder flees, crashes during morning traffic
- Ocala Police Officer In Critical Condition After Crash
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers