Marion County Man Kidnaps Child After Break-up
A Marion County toddler is back home after being kidnapped for a brief time Wednesday morning.
Ocala police arrested Daytron Rogers, 22, for taking his girlfriend's son.
According to police, Rogers and his girlfriend were arguing around 2 a.m.
The girlfriend declared their relationship was over.
Investigators say rogers took the child and ran off.
Rogers says he took the child to his mother's house.
The girlfriend and her brother chased after Rogers, according to the police report.
When the two caught up with Rogers he allegedly said "they would have to go through him to get to the child."
That's when her brother allegedly struck Rogers with a flower pot. He was also arrested.
Rogers is currently in the Marion County Jail.
No bond has been set.
- Gainesville Man Cleared of Child Kidnapping
- Teen Arrested after Store Break-In
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Man arrested after police involved-crash
- Ocala Man Arrested For Obscene Communication With Minor
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Parts Of Ocala Under Rabies Alert
- Ocala Man Arrested in Child Porn Case
- Man arrested after posting child pornography on Photobucket
- Inmate Found Dead in Jail Hours After Arrest