More Travelers On the Roads for Labor Day
Published August 30th, 2013
Labor Day weekend.
It's fun in the sun and spending quality time with family and friends but in comparison to recent years, more people will be spending time traveling.
Gas is a little cheaper and that's propelling people to get back on the roads to celebrate Labor Day.
AAA Insurance says they're expecting a 4% increase in the number of people on the roads this weekend.
"We're not expecting gas prices to deter our travelers this year. The average gas price in our area is $3.50. And it is giving the consumers a little more confidence to travel also."
AAA expects 34 million people will travel more than 50 miles or more from home to enjoy their Labor Day weekend.
And that's an increase in the number of people traveling since the recession.
Lauren Lettelier TV20 News.
- Labor Day Holiday Weekend Travel By Car
- Labor Day Holiday Weekend Travel By Plane
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend
- More Travelers By Car Than by Plane, This Memorial Day Weekend
- More Drivers Expected on the Roads this Memorial Day Weekend
- Labor Day Travel Down because of School
- MCSO: ATV rider reports being shot in arm during Superbowl weekend in Dunnellon
- The busiest travel weekend begins
- AAA Predicts Slight Increase in Florida Travel
- Drivers hit the road for one of the "busiest travel days"