More Travelers On the Roads for Labor Day
Published August 30th, 2013
Labor Day weekend.
It's fun in the sun and spending quality time with family and friends but in comparison to recent years, more people will be spending time traveling.
Gas is a little cheaper and that's propelling people to get back on the roads to celebrate Labor Day.
AAA Insurance says they're expecting a 4% increase in the number of people on the roads this weekend.
"We're not expecting gas prices to deter our travelers this year. The average gas price in our area is $3.50. And it is giving the consumers a little more confidence to travel also."
AAA expects 34 million people will travel more than 50 miles or more from home to enjoy their Labor Day weekend.
And that's an increase in the number of people traveling since the recession.
Lauren Lettelier TV20 News.
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend
- More Travelers By Car Than by Plane, This Memorial Day Weekend
- Labor Day Travel Down because of School
- AAA Predicts Slight Increase in Florida Travel
- AAA Expects Lower Number of Drivers on the Roads
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- New Bug Species in Florida
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County