NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
State leaders are considering selling hundreds of acres of conservation land here in North Central Florida.
The Department of Environmental Protection has released a list of state-owned conservation land it considers "surplus" and plans to sell--to raise money to buy other conservation land.
The list contains two small parcels in Payne's Prairie in Alachua County, Rainbow Springs in Marion County, and Manatee Springs in Dixie County. It also includes much larger tracts in the Cross Florida Greenway in Marion and Levy counties, Goethe State Forest in Levy County, and Indian Lake State Forest in Marion County. The statewide list is here: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/assessment/documents/PotentialSiteList.pdf State officials will answer questions at two webinars, on the D.E.P. website (http://www.dep.state.fl.us/). The first is Thursday night from 6-8pm and the other is Friday from 11 am to 1 pm.
- Marion County May Put Jail Up For Sale
- Online Reporting of Black Bear Sightings in NCF on the Increase
- State approves proposal to acquire land for conservation
- UF app may help birds
- Park receives state grants for renovations
- High Springs officials say nothing is wrong with the water
- Florida Folk Festival puts state history, culture in the spotlight
- UF students try to save century-old tree
- Christmas Tree Sales Down Because of Florida Heat
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year