NCF Conservation Land May Be Put Up For Sale
State leaders are considering selling hundreds of acres of conservation land here in North Central Florida.
The Department of Environmental Protection has released a list of state-owned conservation land it considers "surplus" and plans to sell--to raise money to buy other conservation land.
The list contains two small parcels in Payne's Prairie in Alachua County, Rainbow Springs in Marion County, and Manatee Springs in Dixie County. It also includes much larger tracts in the Cross Florida Greenway in Marion and Levy counties, Goethe State Forest in Levy County, and Indian Lake State Forest in Marion County. The statewide list is here: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/assessment/documents/PotentialSiteList.pdf State officials will answer questions at two webinars, on the D.E.P. website (http://www.dep.state.fl.us/). The first is Thursday night from 6-8pm and the other is Friday from 11 am to 1 pm.
- Marion County May Put Jail Up For Sale
- Conservative Groups Seek Veto of Florida Energy Bill
- Christmas Tree Sales Down Because of Florida Heat
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- Florida gun sales soar on Black Friday
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Car Sales Up
- Florida Home Sales
- Protests at Funerals May Come to an End in Florida if Legislation Passes
- Required Personal Finance Classes May Be in Florida's Future