Ocala Waitress Saved by Customer
Published August 22nd, 2013
An Ocala man stopped by a deli for dinner but instead became an hero.
Stacey Phillips was closing the Getaway Deli by herself Sunday evening when she had a stroke caused by her Diabetes.
Jefferson Guinn came by the restaurant after they were closed to see what their hours were, saw her unconscious in the establishment and called 911.
Guinn told us tonight it was just one of those things where he happened to be at the right place at the right time.
Deli owners want to return the favor.
"Please come in. We want to thank you personally. And as long as you eat in my restaurant, your money is no good. You will eat here for free for life."
The Getaway Deli is giving Phillips 10% of their proceeds for the week to help her pay her bills.
Lauren Lettelier, TV20 News
- 911 Caller Thanked by Family
- Private Schools are Back to School in Ocala
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- New Bug Species in Florida
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- Volunteering to "Pump Iron"
- National Lightning Safety Awareness Week
- Fire Safety Comes to the Forefront of Attention
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspects