Ocala Waitress Saved by Customer
Published August 22nd, 2013
An Ocala man stopped by a deli for dinner but instead became an hero.
Stacey Phillips was closing the Getaway Deli by herself Sunday evening when she had a stroke caused by her Diabetes.
Jefferson Guinn came by the restaurant after they were closed to see what their hours were, saw her unconscious in the establishment and called 911.
Guinn told us tonight it was just one of those things where he happened to be at the right place at the right time.
Deli owners want to return the favor.
"Please come in. We want to thank you personally. And as long as you eat in my restaurant, your money is no good. You will eat here for free for life."
The Getaway Deli is giving Phillips 10% of their proceeds for the week to help her pay her bills.
Lauren Lettelier, TV20 News
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Phone video shows altercation as an Ocala man fires a rifle wildly near home
- Private Schools are Back to School in Ocala
- Ocala babysitter charged with murder of an 11-month-old baby
- MCSO: Gunman's bullets narrowly miss 2 boys playing inside Ocala home
- MCSO: Ocala man arrested after going AWOL from the U.S. Air Force 45 years ago
- Bronson Business Helping Customers Save Money
- GRU customers could see savings
- Red Light Cameras Taken Out in Dunnellon
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination