Opening Statements in Michael Bargo Trial
Published August 13th, 2013
On Tuesday afternoon opening statements started in the murder trial of Michael Shane Bargo.
Bargo is the alleged ring leader behind the death of a 15-year-old Seath Jackson.
Bargo is charged with first degree premeditated murder and could be sentenced to death.
After a jury was selected, both sides presented their case during opening arguments.
During opening statements the state argued that Bargo planned and confessed murdering Seath.
On the other hand, Bargos defense attorney Charles Holloman actually pin points the person who he believes is the so called "master mind" of this murder.
Holloman states it was not Bargo, but instead one of the other defendants who has already been convicted.
"The evidence I feel will be conclusive presented is who is the person who had the motivation, had the strongest motivation to go out and plan this crime and be the mastermind of this crime. That person was no other than Kyle Hooper," said Defense Attorney Charles Holloman.
"He tells him how he lured a kid to the house. How he was beaten with boards. He says I shot him in the house he got out. I shot him some more and brought him back in the house and put him in the bathtub," said Prosecutor Amy Berndt.
Charlie Ely, Justin Soto, Kyle Hooper and Amber Wright have all been convicted and sentenced to life in prison for their involvement in the Jackson murder.
According to the attorneys some of them may be testifying during the Bargo trial.
Today the state called up their first witness who was Seaths mother, Sonia Jackson.
During questioning, Sonia spoke about an altercation between her son and Bargo.
While on the stand Sonia stated she heard Bargo tell Seath
"I have a bullet with your name."
- Witnesses Testify in Bargo Trial
- Michael Bargo Trial Continues
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in Trial
- Closing Arguments Finished in Michael Bargo Trial
- Jury in Michael Bargo Trial Considers Life or Death Sentence
- TV20 Exclusive: Seath Jackson Murder One Year Ago
- Michael Bargo's Mother Gives Emotional Testimony
- Seath Jackson Trial Jose Baez Signs On
- Hooper, Wright Sentenced to Life in Seath Jackson Murder Case
- Zimmerman Trial: Opening Statements Today