School Supplies Giveaway
CHIEFLAND -- With the beginning of the new school year a little over a week away, many parents know just how expensive school supplies can be.
So the First United Methodist Church of Chiefland hosted their third annual "Epic End of Summer Bash."
This morning, school supplies, backpacks, haircuts, and even games were given away by the church and its volunteers.
The community got together to provide free services and products to help kids get ready for their return to school.
"There are so many people out here that can't afford to get their kids to go ready back to school. I mean, if you think the cost of just one set of clothes, one hair cut, one backpack, and the generic school supplies, you're talking about 150 dollars per kid. If you've got 4 or 5 kids, no one can afford that," said Diana Child, Office Administrator at the church.
Around one thousand people attended the event.
- Tax Free Weekend Begins at Midnight as Parents Buy School Supplies
- A Month Away From School As Teachers Spend Their Own Money on Supplies
- Chiefland's Deshawn Roland Wins High School Play of the Week
- HOLLY HEIGHTS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
- Gas Giveaway
- Holiday Giveaway
- Ocala Mansion Giveaway
- Free Coat Giveaway
- Hundreds Line Up for Church's Food Giveaway
- U.S. Military Prepares To Send More Personnel, Supplies To Haiti