Standoff Ends in Gainesville
Published August 16th, 2013
A two hour standoff with police ended safely last night in Northwest Gainesville when a man finally surrendered.
Gainesville police say the man has been questioned in connection with the sexual abuse of a child.
Police tell us a family member took the child to UF Health Shands for treatment.
A short time later doctors notified police the child showed signs of sexual abuse.
When investigators arrived at the unidentified suspect's home on Northwest eighth street, he ran inside.
After two hours of negotiation attempts, the man surrendered.
No formal charges have been made at this time.
- Campus Standoff Ends With Gunfire
- Stand-Off Ends Peacefully After Mother Pleads With Son to Surrender
- Ocala Police standoff Ends with Three Arrests
- Police Respond To Standoff At Gainesville Mobile Home
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville
- Murder Trail Ends In Gainesville
- Gainesville Police Prepare for End of School Year
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Gainesville City Commissioners Near End of Budget Discussions
- Holiday SWAT Standoff