Two Men Killed at Bar
COLUMBIA COUNTY, Fla.-- Sheriff's deputies responded to a call that gun shots had been fired early this morning at a High Springs bar... right over the county line.
Columbia County deputies and High Springs police responded to the scene at around 1:15 this morning…
Where a man shot and killed two people at the Santa Fe bBr off of 441.
Those victims are 38 year-old Dennis Lamont Smith and 24 year-old Erik Antonio Akins, both from Fort White.
21 year-old Willie Wingfield...who is also from Fort White has been identified as the shooter.
Wingfield fled from the scene and police are currently looking for him.
According to one neighbor, the Santa Fe Bar is not the safest of places and has a history of violence and drugs.
"There's been stabbings, there's been other shootings… I've never witnessed dead bodies laying in the parking lot in the morning, so this was a first for me. There's a lot of activity in the parking lot at night. And there are always some fights and stuff that break out. I myself have called the sheriff when I've heard gunfire probably at least 20, 30 times," said Jane Blais, who has been living nearby since 2002.
Blais says her property is offent filled with liquor bottles from the bar and her car has even been crashed by someone too drunk to drive.
Detectives with the Columbia County Sheriff's Office are currently working the investigation.
If anyone has any information to help locate Wingfield's whereabouts, anonymous tips can be made through Crime Stoppers by calling (386)754-7099.
- More Details On The Double Homicide At A High Springs Bar
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men
- Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate
- Columbia County Shooting Involving Deputy
- Columbia County shooting suspect on the loose
- Columbia County Deputy Forced to Shoot Attacking Dog
- Two UF Primary Care Clinics to Close in Columbia County
- Two Inmates Shot In A Columbia County Prison
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County