Downtown Latino Festival 2013
GAINESVILLE - In light of Hispanic Heritage Month, a local festival brings a taste of the Latin culture to North Central Florida.
The smell of empanadas with a combination of Latin music filled the Bo Diddley Community Plaza at the 12th annual Downtown Latino Festival.
With a Hispanic flair, hundreds gathered to celebrate the Latin culture including food venders and local nonprofit organizations.
David Ruiz, the director for the Downtown Latino Festival 2013, said, "Obviously, the food and the celebration and the music brings people here but we have a greater purpose which is to get people connected to the local resources via the health department with health information, voters registration, other non profits in the community so that people can get in touch with those resources that they may not know of."
The festival is expected to happen again next year during Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Downtown Latino Festival, Not The Only Hispanic Event In Town
- Hispanic Students, Majority Enroll In College But Not Many Graduate
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Gainesville Downtown Festival and Art Show
- Downtown Art Festival Draws Crowds
- Art Festival Returns to Downtown Ocala
- Setup Underway for 33rd Downtown Festival & Art Show
- DOWNTOWN FESTIVAL AND ART SHOW
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival 2013
- Trayvon Martin March Downtown Gainesville